ECREA is happy to announce two workshops that are part of the series of pre-conferences organised within 9th European Communication Conference (ECC) in Aarhus. Both will take place on October 18, 2022. The aim of these full-day meetings of ECREA members is to discuss various ways how to do research. The workshops consist of four sessions, each is dedicated to one particular method and run by a different speaker. However, we kindly ask you to participate in all four parts.
These workshops are intended for ECREA members and are free.
Please register as soon as possible, the number of places is limited.
1) QUALITATIVE METHODS WORKSHOP: Doing research creatively
- CREATIVE RESEARCH METHODS (Maria Murumaa-Mengel)
- AUTOETHNOGRAPHY (Pille Pruulmann-Vengerfeldt)
- THROUGH THE LENSES OF THE CAMERA: AN INTRODUCTION TO ETHNOGRAPHY FOR URBAN MEDIA STUDIES (Simone Tosoni)
- THE LETTER AS METHOD: RESEARCHING EXPERIENCE AND EMOTIONS THROUGH A PERSONAL LENS (Tamara Witschge)
Register here: https://ecrea.eu/event-4827875
2) WORKSHOP: An Intro to the Digital Research Methods
- A first look into web scraping (Janne Nielsen, Aarhus University)
- Automated Content Analysis with R (Cornelius Puschmann, Bremen University)
- Social Media Analytics: From Raw Data to Engagement Metrics (Axel Bruns, Queensland University of Technology)
- Research imagination for digital mixed-method research (Salla-Maaria Laaksonen University of Helsinki)
Register here: https://ecrea.eu/event-4827881