Institute of Communication and Media Studies (ikmb), University of Bern
The position will be available from April 1st, 2020 (or by appointment) for an initial period of three years. It is intended to serve the purpose of scientific qualification (doctorate).
- collaboration in a research project (inter alia analysing media usage in the online sector & con- ducting automated content analyses)
- teaching of courses in the BA Social Sciences
- contribution to the general tasks of the Institute
- above-average degree in communication science, a related social science discipline and /or in informatics
- strong interest in online and political communication
- very good skills in the methods of empirical social science
- affinity for computational methods
- ability to work in a team
An attractive working environment awaits you at the Institute for Communication and Media Science at the University of Bern: a collegial team, cooperation and exchange, as well as the freedom to de- velop your own ideas. Employment adheres to the regulations of the Canton of Berne.
The University of Bern strives to increase the proportion of women in research and teaching and there- fore urges qualified female candidates to apply.
Applications (letter of motivation including research interests / ideas, CV (if available incl. list of publications), certificates, a central chapter of the master thesis / another publication) should be mailed as a pdf file by March 17th, 2020 to Prof. Dr. Silke Adam (firstname.lastname@example.org). For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. Silke Adam. The job interviews will take place at March 26th / 27th.