Special issue of Trípodos
Deadline for submissions: April 30, 2020
Publication: June 2020
Editors: Emiliana De Blasio (LUISS University, Italy), Patricia Coll (Ramon Llull University, Spain)
The COVID-19 pandemic poses a communication challenge for mass media and organisations on a global scale. For several months, crisis communication has become a crucial issue in our society, a society which is witnessing the acceleration of the process of digital transformation in all communication disciplines, including journalism, audiovisual communication, advertising and public relations. Trípodos announces a call for papers for a special issue on Communication in COVID-19 Crisis.
The objectives of the special issue are summarised in the following areas:
- Crisis communication.
- Communication of emergency services.
- Political communication during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Institutional relations by videoconference: digital protocol.
- Advertising: advertising creativity, branding at the service of health emergency, and digitalisation of marketing investment.
- Information vs infodemic.
- Journalistic routines: teleworking in mass media, TV set vs confinement, information vs entertainment.
- Scientific communication, experts and data journalism to interpret reality.
- Archive and reruns as an alternative to content production.
- Intensification of the newspaper crisis, paywalls and digital subscription models.
- Digitalisation of the audiovisual industry.
- Apps as means of communication, and big data in a health emergency situation.
- Internal communication and remote working.
- Digital platforms as a leisure area.
- Social networks: information, opinion, new privacy, influencers, newsjacking, memes, fake news.
- Digital transformation of public relations, digital events, and corporate social responsibility.
- Slow journalism vs immediacy.
- Public communication and policies.
- Emotions and loneliness through social media.
- Populist approaches to crisis (also in comparative perspective).
- Digital solidarity.
Call for papers: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nyYhp3JhV2QmwJ-qXkohSjo_1FhA4Q17/view
Papers should be sent by April 30, 2020. In order to submit original papers, authors must be registered with the journal (www.tripodos.com) as authors. Following this step, authors must enter their user name and password, activated in the process of registering, and begin the submission process. In step 1, they must select the section “Monograph”.
Rules and instructions regarding the submission of originals can be downloaded at www.tripodos.com. For any queries, please contact the editorial team of the journal at email@example.com.